menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

Palestinian shot by troops amid clash with settlers near Tell, week after deadly gunfight

76 0
31.07.2026

A Palestinian was shot and wounded by the IDF as Israeli settlers entered the outskirts of Nablus Friday morning and again clashed with Palestinians near the site of a deadly gunfight last week in the Palestinian village of Tell.

Settlers organized the march Friday in the northern West Bank in memory of two Israelis killed in last week’s fight, during which four Palestinians were also killed.

The military said Palestinians hurled stones at the Israeli civilians, and one of the Israelis opened fire in the air.

The IDF said it also received a report of several Israelis who “vandalized a cemetery” in the Nablus area. The settlers also passed through the outskirts of Tell during the hike.

The IDF said that later, Palestinians hurled stones at troops in the area, and the soldiers opened fire at a “main instigator.”

“Our crews in Nablus are treating a young man who was shot with live ammunition in the abdomen during an Israeli army and settler raid on the al-Juneid area,” the Palestinian Red Crescent said.

#شاهد | مستوطنون يعتدون على قبر الشهيد محمد الجنيدي خلال اقتحام قرية الجنيد غرب #نابلس pic.twitter.com/W1PXiFUzXg — المركز الفلسطيني للإعلام (@PalinfoAr) July 31, 2026

#شاهد | مستوطنون يعتدون على قبر الشهيد محمد الجنيدي خلال اقتحام قرية الجنيد غرب #نابلس pic.twitter.com/W1PXiFUzXg

— المركز الفلسطيني للإعلام (@PalinfoAr) July 31, 2026

The hike went through areas A and B of the West Bank, which are meant to be under Palestinian civil control. Israeli civilians are prohibited by their own government from entering Area A, which is also meant to be under Palestinian security control.

The hike was not approved by the IDF, but the military said troops “had been deployed in advance in the area ahead of the Israelis’ arrival, were dispatched to disperse the gathering and worked to remove the civilians from the area.”

All of the Israelis eventually left the Nablus area, according to the army.

“The IDF emphasizes that entry into Area A is prohibited and dangerous for Israelis, and constitutes a violation of the law,” the army added.

بحماية قوات الاحتلال… مستوطنون بأعداد كبيرة يقتحمون قرية تل جنوب غرب نابلس صباح اليوم. pic.twitter.com/NUtGSK6C6w — القسطل........

© The Times of Israel