After hours-long search, IDF says all settlers who entered Lebanon have returned
A day after some 15 settler activists illegally crossed the border into Lebanon, the Israel Defense Forces announced Thursday that all had been returned to Israel following an hours-long search by troops.
According to the military, the group — largely made up of young women, reportedly including teenagers — arrived at the border community of Ghajar on Wednesday, damaged the border fence, and entered Lebanese territory.
Soldiers and Border Police forces were dispatched to the area to search for the activists.
The girls reportedly photographed themselves while inside Lebanon, with the images later circulating on social media.
The IDF said that they were handed over to the police for further questioning.
The group belongs to the Uri Tzafon Movement, a Religious Zionist organization that calls for settlement in southern Lebanon, in areas it claims belong to the Jewish people.
'This is getting out of hand': teenage girls cross into Lebanon, forcing IDF into hourslong chase | Watch Fifteen Israelis, most of them teenagers, crossed near Ghajar, diverting troops and special forces as one girl remained missi…https://t.co/yGlZww0ymK pic.twitter.com/ispaWK3FfM Advertisement — Ynet Global (@ynetnews) August 6, 2026
'This is getting out of hand': teenage girls cross into Lebanon, forcing IDF into hourslong chase | Watch
Fifteen Israelis, most of them teenagers, crossed near Ghajar, diverting troops and special forces as one girl remained missi…https://t.co/yGlZww0ymK pic.twitter.com/ispaWK3FfM
— Ynet Global (@ynetnews) August 6, 2026
Members of Uri Tzafon have illegally crossed into Lebanon multiple times recently, including last month, while........
