menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

Houthi attacks kill 10 in Yemen as UN warns of return to full-scale civil war

81 0
08.08.2026

DUBAI, UAE — Houthi attacks on a strategic Yemeni province killed at least 10 people Friday, according to a minister and military source, as the rebels escalated strikes on the oil-rich region.

A 2022 truce between the Iranian-backed Houthis and the Saudi-supported Yemen government unravelled last month and at least 58 government troops were killed in rebel missile attacks on Marib province on Thursday.

The UN special envoy for Yemen, Hans Grundberg, said in a statement that the country “today faces a greater risk of renewed large-scale conflict than at any point since the UN-brokered truce of April 2022”.

Amid the showdown between the United States and Iran, he called on both sides to show “restraint” and to return to “good faith negotiations.”

A Yemeni military source told AFP that the latest Houthi attacks in Marib killed eight members of government forces and wounded 12 others.

The health minister for the Saudi-backed government said the rebels shelled residential areas and displacement camps in Marib city, killing at least two civilians and wounding 14.

The rebels said they had attacked a government military camp in Marib province.

Oil province at centre of attacks

“The Saudi enemy continued to mobilise and incite its forces… these forces were attacked along with their arsenals, vehicles and military equipment in the Sahn al-Jinn camp with a large number of missiles and drones,” Houthi spokesman Yahya Saree said in a........

© The Times of Israel