menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

Hezbollah drones wound 4 troops; IDF urges civilians to leave south Lebanon town

78 0
01.05.2026

The IDF on Friday issued an evacuation warning for the southern Lebanese town of Habboush, near Nabatieh, after four Israeli soldiers were lightly wounded by Hezbollah drones in southern Lebanon and northern Israel.

Meanwhile, Lebanese state media reported that at least four people were killed, including a woman, in Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon on Friday afternoon. The IDF did not immediately comment.

Writing on X, IDF spokesman Col. Avichay Adraee called on Habboush residents to move at least a kilometer (0.6 miles) away from the town.

“In light of the Hezbollah terror organization’s violations of the ceasefire agreement, the IDF is forced to act against it with force and does not intend to harm you,” Adraee said.

The warning came soon after two IDF reservists were wounded in a Hezbollah drone attack near the northern Israeli border community of Misgav Am.

The two were taken to a hospital, and their families were notified. The IDF said it was investigating the attack, which it called “a violation of the ceasefire understandings by the Hezbollah terror group.”

Two other soldiers were wounded in a Hezbollah explosive drone attack in southern Lebanon on Friday morning, the military said, adding that they were taken to a hospital and their families were notified.

In separate incidents on Friday, Hezbollah also fired a rocket and an explosive drone that struck near Israeli forces stationed in southern Lebanon, the military said. Another Hezbollah drone was intercepted by the Israeli Air Force over an area of southern Lebanon where troops were deployed, according to the IDF, which said no soldiers were wounded in any of the incidents.

Earlier Friday, the Israeli Air Force also intercepted at least four Hezbollah drones, one of which crossed the border into Israel and triggered sirens in the northern community of Rosh Hanikra.

Stricter guidelines in north

Amid the attacks, the IDF Home Front Command said it was further tightening safety guidelines in northern Israel.

In communities on the Lebanon border, as well as in Meron, Bar Yohai, Or HaGanuz and Safsufa in the Galilee, educational activities will only be permitted inside a building or in an area where an adequate bomb shelter can be reached in time.

Workplaces will also be able to operate under the same conditions.

Gatherings will be restricted to 200 people outdoors and 600 indoors. Previously, gatherings were restricted to 1,500 in those areas.

This means that the annual Lag B’Omer mass pilgrimage on Mount Meron next week will be restricted to just 200 people........

© The Times of Israel