Trump said prepping for extended Iran blockade, says Tehran ‘better get smart soon’
US President Donald Trump has told his aides to prepare for an extended blockade of Iran, The Wall Street Journal reported early Wednesday, as both Washington and Tehran were reported to believe that time is on their side, more than a week after the truce agreed to earlier this month was initially set to expire.
Also on Wednesday, Trump posted on his Truth Social platform that the Islamic Republic “can’t get their act together” and “better get smart soon.”
“They don’t know how to sign a non-nuclear deal,” the president wrote, apparently referring to a deal to address the nation’s nuclear program and rule out development of a nuclear weapon.
Trump wrote the comments alongside an AI-generated image of himself holding a firearm against the backdrop of explosions, with the writing “No more Mr. Nice Guy.”
According to The Journal, which cited US officials, Trump has assessed that returning to active combat carries significant risk, while the continued blockade is stressing Iran’s economy – or, as he has claimed Iran itself estimates, placing it in a “state of collapse.”
The newspaper reported that Trump is receiving conflicting advice from those close to him, with hawkish Senator Lindsey Graham urging continued pressure on Iran, but business leaders worried about the economic consequences of keeping the strait closed amid rising energy prices.
Trump to Iran: “NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!” pic.twitter.com/kngNUSav35 Advertisement if(typeof rgb_remove_toi_dfp_banner != "function" || !rgb_remove_toi_dfp_banner("#Article_Incontent1")){ window.tude = window.tude || { cmd: [] }; tude.cmd.push(function() { if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("rgbmedia-app") > -1){ tude.setDeviceType("mobile"); } tude.refreshAdsViaDivMappings([ { divId: 'Article_Incontent1', baseDivId: 'Article_Incontent1', } ]); }); } — Open Source Intel (@Osint613) April 29, 2026
“NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!” pic.twitter.com/kngNUSav35
— Open Source Intel (@Osint613) April 29, 2026
According to officials cited by the report, Trump will not drop his demand that the Islamic Republic suspend all........
