menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

Icebergs founder Maurice Terzini cooks up his salvation tour

26 0
20.03.2026

Icebergs founder Maurice Terzini cooks up his salvation tour

March 20, 2026 — 5:00am

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Save this article for later

Add articles to your saved list and come back to them anytime.

It was only last year that controversial Icebergs founder Maurice Terzini was forced out of his own restaurant amid allegations he verbally abused his wife and protected his son while being aware of sexual assault claims against him. (Terzini and his son deny the allegations.)

Now it looks like Terzini has booked the first stop on his salvation tour. The Icebergs founder has started hosting dinners for $130 per person (plus drinks) at a homeless shelter in Rushcutters Bay. The shelter is run out of St Canice’s, which, according to the church’s website, is named after the Irish “patron saint of the shipwrecked”.

Tickets for the “cucina povera” (poor kitchen) event give guests the option to donate separately to the church. A St Canice’s spokesperson said the dinners would help fund a kitchen redevelopment.

“Everyone in the community is welcome, and we are grateful for every bit of support we receive in helping to feed those who would otherwise go without,” the spokesperson said.

But Terzini and St Canice’s have not responded to questions about what proportion of the costs of the tickets will go to the charity, which has provided daily lunches to the homeless for more than three decades.

The move has already raised eyebrows among some neighbours, CBD hears, who are worried by the prospect of one of Sydney’s only homeless kitchens being commercialised. We can only guess that Terzini has other........

© The Sydney Morning Herald