Meghan Markle Draws Criticism After Martha Stewart Reveals She Discussed King Charles Reunion at Dinner Party
LOS ANGELES — Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, is facing renewed scrutiny from royal watchers after lifestyle entrepreneur Martha Stewart said the duchess discussed her recent reunion with King Charles III during a private dinner party in California.
The comments, made in an interview with People magazine, have reignited debate among royal commentators over how publicly members of the Sussex family should discuss their interactions with the British monarchy, particularly following a period of visible efforts to ease years of public tension between Meghan, Prince Harry and the royal family.
According to Stewart, the encounter took place at a social gathering shortly after Meghan had returned from a trip to the United Kingdom. "I had dinner with Meghan Markle the other night. We were both guests at a dinner party in California," Stewart told the magazine. She added that although the two did not have an extended conversation, she was aware Meghan had been discussing the visit with others present. "I didn't talk to her really more than to say a couple words, but I know she was talking about it," Stewart said.
Meghan and Harry traveled to the United Kingdom last month with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, for a family gathering with King Charles and Queen Camilla. The meeting took place on July 10 at Highgrove House, the king's private residence in Gloucestershire, which has long........
