menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

JFK experts scour newly unsealed assassination files

3 154
21.03.2025

The US government has released the final batch of documents on the assassination of President John F Kennedy (JFK) - a case that still inspires conspiracy theories more than 60 years later.

It follows an executive order by President Donald Trump that required remaining unredacted files in the case to be made public.

Experts are combing over the papers, not all of which have appeared online. They say the job will take time, and that they do not expect many ground-breaking revelations.

US authorities have previously released hundreds of thousands of JFK documents, but held some back, citing national security concerns. Many Americans still believe the gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, did not act alone.

Kennedy was shot during a visit to Dallas, Texas, on 22 November 1963.

Trump said beforehand that 80,000 pages would be unsealed.

Of the 1,123 documents included in Tuesday's release from the National Archives and Records Administration, it was not immediately clear how much material was new. Many documents have previously been released in partially redacted form.

"You got a lot of reading," Trump told reporters on Monday, previewing the release. "I don't believe we're........

© BBC