Red Crescent claims settlers raided West Bank compound, shot 2 Palestinians
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society claimed Saturday that two Palestinians were wounded in a settler attack near the central West Bank town of al-Mughayyir, and that three more — a young man who was seriously injured as well as two minors — were hit by IDF gunfire in the northern West Bank’s Beit Furik following an earlier clash with settlers.
The IDF did not immediately respond to requests for comment on either incident.
According to the Red Crescent, two young men were rushed to the hospital from al-Mughayyir on Saturday afternoon after allegedly being shot by settlers who stormed the small compound of Abu Hamam, on the outskirts of the Ramallah-area town.
Speaking to the Hamas-affiliated Quds News Network, a young woman from Abu Hamam claimed a settler named Moshe punched her in the face, knocked her to the ground and kicked her as her small daughter was by her side.
“They were beating us and shooting us,” she said. “I hid my father behind me. I said, let them beat me and not him.”
In separate footage she filmed from the compound, the same woman said the settlers robbed homes there. “They left nothing,” she said. “But thank God, we’re okay.”
"هدّوا البيوت فوق روسنا، بس احنا الحمد لله بخير"… فلسطينية توثق الأضرار التي خلفها هجوم مستوطنين على تجمع "أبو همام" جنوب بلدة المغير شمال شرق رام الله. pic.twitter.com/rcLKbtA2V4 Advertisement if(typeof rgb_remove_toi_dfp_banner != "function" || !rgb_remove_toi_dfp_banner("#336x280_Middle_1")){ window.tude = window.tude || { cmd: [] }; tude.cmd.push(function() { if(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("rgbmedia-app") > -1){ tude.setDeviceType("mobile"); } tude.refreshAdsViaDivMappings([ { divId: '336x280_Middle_1', baseDivId: '336x280_Middle_1', } ]); }); } — Newpress | نيو برس (@NewpressPs) February 21, 2026
"هدّوا البيوت فوق روسنا، بس احنا الحمد لله بخير"…
فلسطينية توثق الأضرار التي خلفها هجوم مستوطنين على تجمع "أبو همام" جنوب بلدة المغير شمال شرق رام الله. pic.twitter.com/rcLKbtA2V4
— Newpress | نيو برس (@NewpressPs) February 21, 2026
Settlers also reportedly set fire to at least one agricultural structure in the nearby village of Abu Falah.
Footage published by Palestinian outlets showed the roadside village in flames. No injuries were reported.
مستوطنون يضرمون النار بغرفة زراعية خلال هجومهم على قرية أبو فلاح قضاء رام الله pic.twitter.com/Y8LN5ZdjvP — موقع عرب 48 (@arab48website) February 21, 2026
مستوطنون يضرمون النار بغرفة زراعية خلال هجومهم على قرية أبو فلاح قضاء رام الله pic.twitter.com/Y8LN5ZdjvP
— موقع عرب 48 (@arab48website) February 21, 2026
Separately, the Red Crescent said a 20-year-old man was hospitalized in serious condition Saturday evening after being shot in the head by IDF troops in the Palestinian village of Beit Furik, east of Nablus in the northern West Bank.
A 16-year-old was also hospitalized after being shot in the leg, the Red Crescent claimed.
According to Palestinian media, the two were shot amid IDF operations in the village following a clash between locals and settlers on the outskirts of Beit Furik earlier in the day.
During the operation, soldiers reportedly detained several Palestinians and also fired at a car, wounding a teenage boy, who was also hospitalized. The Red Crescent confirmed at the time that it was treating a 14-year-old in Beit Furik for bullet wounds.
Settler attacks have spiked since the Hamas-led onslaught of October 7, 2023, that sparked the war in Gaza. On Wednesday, settlers attacked the Palestinian town of Mukhmas, some 15 kilometers (nine miles) south of al-Mughayyir, and shot three people, one of whom later died of his wounds, according to the Palestinian Authority.
If so, we have a request.
Every day during the past two years of war and rising global anti-Zionism and antisemitism, our journalists kept you abreast of the most important developments that merit your attention. Millions of people rely on ToI for fact-based coverage of Israel and the Jewish world.
We care about Israel - and we know you do too. So we have an ask for this new year of 2026: express your values by joining The Times of Israel Community, an exclusive group for readers like you who appreciate and financially support our work.
We’re really pleased that you’ve read X Times of Israel articles in the past month.
You clearly find our careful reporting valuable, in a time when facts are often distorted and news coverage often lacks context.
Your support is essential to continue our work. We want to continue delivering the professional journalism you value, even as the demands on our newsroom have grown dramatically since October 7.
So today, please consider joining our reader support group, The Times of Israel Community. For as little as $6 a month you'll become our partners while enjoying The Times of Israel AD-FREE, as well as accessing exclusive content available only to Times of Israel Community members.
Thank you,David Horovitz, Founding Editor of The Times of Israel
1 Israeli officials believe US, Iran at unbridgeable impasse as they near open conflict
2 Tucker Carlson claims Israel targeted his family, Netanyahu ‘believes in blood guilt’
3 South Africa pulls out of Venice Biennale after minister pans artist’s focus on Gaza
4 UK Jewish leaders condemn vandalism of London bakery accused of ‘funding Israel’
5 Report: IRGC running Hezbollah, preparing it for war with Israel if US strikes Iran
6 Hamas says open to Gaza peacekeeping force, but rejects foreign role in ‘internal affairs’
7 Driver charged with hate crime after ramming truck into Brisbane Synagogue
8 InterviewAfter years documenting Oct.7, Israeli NYT photographer turns her lens on something sweeter
