menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

IDF declares ‘closed military zone’ after settler attack wounds several Palestinians

36 0
yesterday

The Israeli military declared an area near the West Bank city of Bethlehem a closed military zone following a settler attack that wounded several Palestinians. The Palestinian Red Crescent said one of the injured people had been shot.

Soldiers and police officers were dispatched to an area on the outskirts of Bethlehem following reports of a “violent confrontation” between Israelis and Palestinians, the army said.

The military said it also received reports of stone-throwing between the Israelis and Palestinians, and gunfire directed at the Palestinians.

The military said troops used riot dispersal means, and in addition, “declared a closed military zone in the area,” a move that is likely to restrict the movement of Palestinians living in the area.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society reported that 10 Palestinians were wounded in the attack on the village of Khalayel al-Loz, including one by gunfire. The status of the wounded was unclear.

Several Israelis were also wounded, but “refused medical attention,” the IDF said.

Khalayel al-Loz council member Abdelrahman Farhan was cited in Arabic media saying settlers beat and shot at Palestinians from the village for about 45 minutes mid-day on Saturday until the military intervened and pushed the settlers........

© The Times of Israel