menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

IDF slams comptroller for ‘accelerating’ Oct. 7 probe despite High Court petition

61 0
25.08.2025

The Israel Defense Forces filed an “urgent update” to its High Court petition against the State Comptroller’s Office on Monday, demanding it halt an investigation into the “core issues” surrounding the army’s failure to prevent the Hamas terror group’s invasion and attack on October 7, 2023, and other events in the ensuing war.

The Military Advocate General’s Military Defense unit wrote in the filing to the court that it is concerned by the “accelerated activity of the state comptroller regarding the events of October 7.”

Despite its petition calling for a halt to the State Comptroller Matanyahu Englman’s probe and requesting an interim injunction, “the comptroller accelerated his activity, approached the most senior officials in the state and the defense establishment, sent questionnaires ahead of meetings for the delivery of their testimony, and even began drafting report drafts,” the Military Defense wrote.

Last week, Englman announced that he and his team were seeking meetings with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other senior political and defense officials, amid his wide-ranging probe into the Israeli failures surrounding October 7. The meetings were slated to focus on key political and security failures, the State Comptroller’s Office said, including the conduct of the security cabinet, intelligence processes, and border defense in Gaza.

“These are precisely the issues at the heart of the petition submitted by the Military Defense, issues which… are reserved solely for a commission of inquiry,” the Military Defense said on Monday.

Days after his........

© The Times of Israel