Caine says 13 ships made 'wise decision' to turn around amid US blockade
Caine says 13 ships made ‘wise decision’ to turn around amid US blockade
The Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Dan Caine, provided an update on the U.S.-imposed blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, saying that so far 13 ships have turned around and not passed through the passage.
“The captains of all these ships made the wise decision not to move transit or run this blockade,” Caine told reporters during the Thursday morning briefing at the Pentagon. “So far, 13 ships have made the wise choice of turning around.”
“As we continue to hold this blockade at the order of the Secretary and the President, any vessel that fails to comply with our instructions will be dealt with accordingly,” Caine said.
The U.S. Central Command (Centcom) has not been required to board any of the vessels in the area as of Thursday morning, according to Caine, who added that the U.S. military is conducting similar maritime interdiction actions........
