Hamas Issues Call To Arms Against Displacement As Israel Orders New Evacuations
A senior Hamas official urged supporters worldwide on Monday to take up weapons and fight plans to displace Gaza's people, as Israel issued a sweeping evacuation order in the territory's south, stepping up its renewed offensive.
The idea of forcing Gazans to leave the devastated territory for neighbouring countries such as Egypt and Jordan was first floated by US President Donald Trump, and has since been seized on by right-wing Israeli politicians, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who vowed on Sunday to implement it.
"In the face of this sinister plan -- one that combines massacres with starvation -- anyone who can bear arms, anywhere in the world, must take action," Sami Abu Zuhri said in a statement Monday.
"Do not withhold an explosive, a bullet, a knife, or a stone. Let everyone break their silence."
AFPTV images showed residents of southern Gaza leaving the area on Monday following the Israeli military's evacuation order warning of renewed operations.
Some rode in cars piled high with belongings, while others pushed heavy carts and others carried nothing at all.
The order, posted to X by army spokesman Avichay Adraee, included a map showing a swath of southern Gaza in red, including the major city of Rafah, where many Palestinians had sought refuge earlier in the war.
It said the military was........
© International Business Times
