More than 400 new homes to be built on ring road... but not many will be affordable
The scheme will see the land on Queens Road previously occupied by the Marsh building redeveloped into a mix of flats and houses in what would be Norwich's first purpose-built 'build-to-rent' development.
The £80 million scheme - which will also include a café, start-up business space and public green space - was approved by six votes to four abstentions at Thursday's meeting.
Speaking before the vote, Adam Zive, the Canadian CEO of the developer, Zive Capital, told the committee the scheme would be "world class".
The former Marsh building being demolished. (Image: Newsquest)
A historic view of Victoria Station (Image: Kingsway)
He said: "A vote in favour of our proposal today is a vote for........
